Hello, my name is Karen and I'm a photographer, creative and adventurer. I grew up in Japan (in the city and by the sea), occasionally returning to my state-side home deep in the north Georgia woods. I moved to New York in 2007 to pursue a career in International Business, and photography found me shortly after instead. I now split my time between Brooklyn & Missouri, traveling in between.
I love exploring our world and photographing people in love. Organic, artful photography for people who wear their heart on their sleeve. I'd love to hear from you no matter where you are - no place is too far.
In my spare time, I enjoy art & design, dinner parties with friends, flea and farmer's markets, exploring and adventuring always.
It's so nice to meet you.
Work Featured In
- Kate Spade, The Style Spy
- Green Wedding Shoes, Emily & Jed
- Style Me Pretty, Louise & Dean
- 100 Layer Cake, Cozbi & Nicholas
- 100 Layer Cake, Sabrina & John
- Brooklyn Bride, Lauren & Paul
- Brooklyn Bride, Emily & Jed
- Brooklyn Bride, Rachel & Lucas
- Refinery 29, Carli & Edward
- Martha Stewart Weddings, Gracia & Dan
- Wedding Party, Valerie & Brian
- Parker. Etc, Blog Brunch x Ernest Alexander
- Zankyou Magazine, Emily & Jed
- Paris Ciel
- 100 Layer Cakelet, The Oslers
- Brooklyn Bride, Sarah & Greg
- Snippet & Ink, Bettina & Daniel
- Buzzfeed, Dean & Louise
- Ruffled, Smoke & Mirrors Wedding Inspiration
Frequently Asked Questions
-I'm planning a destination wedding. Do you travel?
Yes! I've traveled from Brooklyn to Santa Fe to Mexico to Paris. I love it when another adventure comes my way! I usually ask for airfare, a hotel room for 2 nights and transportation, and work hard to keep travel costs as low as possible.
For weddings outside of New York City limits, I have a travel fee of $150/day, and possibly accommodation if it's too late to return to the city that evening.
-How do we book you?
Send me a note! To reserve a date, I ask for a signed contract and a 50% retainer fee. (The remainder is due a week before the wedding day.)
-How many photos will we get?
You'll end up with roughly 60-80 images per hour of coverage.
-What about prints?
I include full printing rights for personal sharing and use in all my packages, so you're free to make prints on your own. For photo books, I recommend checking out Artifact Uprising and Pinhole Press.
-I can't wait to see the photos! When do I get them??
What I do is truly a labor of love, and I take pride in personally editing every photo. You can expect your photographs within 6-8 weeks.
-Do you have insurance?
Yes I do!
-What camera do you shoot with? Do you bring back-up gear?
A Canon 5d mark ii + a long list of prime lenses. I always always bring back up gear! And back up to my back up. :)